Friday, July 19, 2013

It's been a month, and yes, still alive!

A month ago I posted the In the Limelight about Andi Perejda. And I do love the work of Andi a lot, however, it wasn't meant to  leave Andi the last post for a month. Sometimes life is in the way of all plans. Some health stuff, some work stuff, some personal stuff, and suddenly life is upside down. I needed the time to sort some things out. Wasn't this the year of authenticity? ;-) Gladly I am back to enjoying life again!


Short report: 
  • Down 24 pounds, 16 to go (yeah!!!),
  • Started ashtanga yoga, which is the sporty down-to-earth version, and enjoy it a lot,
  • Made my own yoga bag to carry my yoga mat with me. And so proud, the stripes continue throughout, including the side pockets... Love this fabric btw, a simple IKEA fabric for curtains. On the right a small part of the lining peeps out, it is a Vlisco wax batik fabric, a Dutch brand. Not a fan of using the sewing machine, but I couldn't stop and finished it at 3.30 AM. Just had to finish it!

No quilting done, my head couldn't concentrate on anything quilty. But back on the road again! And as the temperature is here in the seventies, which is quite high for summer here, I am going out and enjoy the sun.

All plans for quilt travels for the short term are canceled. I promised myself to go to Houston if I would lose the 40 pounds. However, I will start a new course on training in September, and that doesn't work with Houston in planning. Not going to Grand Rapids (boy, did I love it there, I am certain I am adopted, and my real parents are from somewhere in Michigan, father a quiltframe maker and mother an avid quilter...), but maybe next year something is in the planning. First get my life here on it's feet again!

Thanks for your patience and have fun quilting!
Annemart

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your weight loss and best wishes on dropping the additional pounds! It's tough work. I lost 35 pounds over the past year and there were times when I wanted to go back to eating the way that I had been, but I just took it one day at a time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome weight loss! Good for you! And I have been wondering where you were... We need to chat. The spare bedroom is ready whenever you are. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annemart, I am so glad to hear you are doing well. I had wondered where you were since you usually post often. Great job with the weight loss and your dedication to getting lots of exercise. I look forward to reading your posts again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goed te horen dat je er weer bent!! super afgevallen, hou vol en geniet weer van het leven

    xxx

    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fijn dat je er weer bent! Je weet het: na regen komt zonneschijn, ook voor jou!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your reaction, I love to read it!