Sunday, December 29, 2013

Hibernation and exploration in 2013...

It was more than a half year ago when some things in my life went pear shaped. Some health issues with my spouse, work issues with me, discovering that I haven´t done what I wanted to do... all in all, if life learns you lessons, in 2013 I took Summer School, Winter School and remedial teaching in 6 months, next to the additional courses I already took. And honestly, there was little to no quilting in the last 6 months. I couldn´t touch a needle. That´s not me. But it just didn´t work. The inspiration, the creativity, it went all to other things I was busy with. Nothing else. Call it hibernation. I just needed exactly that, to find out where I stand, where I am heading.

Remember, when I wrote last year that my word for 2013 was Authenticity? Well, I got my share on that. Brought back to my core, what I love.

And for the first time in years I have the feeling I am walking my own path, feeling the ground under my feet. Not doing what's expected from me by others, but what I want to get out of life. No fuzz, no frills, just thinking about where I am heading.


I am grateful for a very purifying year, especially the last half year. Some job changes are in progress, and I started my course in being a management trainer, giving courses in management and leadership. I am busy with starting my own business in management training, still all very small, and learning, reading and enjoying all my books.

And quilting? Last week I started with something new. Just needed to. The same way I dropped all my quilt stuff in roundabout June, I picked it up to let my creativity find a way out in quilting again.

I needed this time to get on my own path. And someway, somehow, I think my quilting is going to bring my further. And maybe it changes. Don't know, we'll see. I have learned these last 6 months that sometimes a standstill is needed for progress in another direction. It's okay for me.

And with my silence for the last 6 months, some of you were worried about me. I was learning my lessons. Thanks for your kind words, they helped me through hard times!

The last days of 2013 are coming up. I will think about a new word for 2014. I will make sure to choose a word that has a very uplifting impact for the upcoming 12 months!

Back on the 1st of January. 2014 That is.

Have fun quilting! And if not, then don't quilt. That's okay too.

Annemart

8 comments:

  1. Everyone needs time to feed their soul. I'm glad that you realized a break was in order. Sorry to hear about your spouse... hope things are better now health-wise. Hugs and love to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heel goed, je bent er weer. Rustig aan maar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. being true to yourself and finding the path that is right for you is the best .. and only way to be xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annemart, So glad to see you post again. Take care of yourself. I am wishing you and your family a wonderful 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are okay - I hope you have a wonderful 2014!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Je bent op de goede weg, 2014 kan alleen maar beter worden!

    Groetjes Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wondered where you have been! Glad to hear all is well and you are finding your own true path! Best wishes in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am happy to see your blog again. I so enjoy reading your blog. Sometimes you just have to take a step back and try and figure out how you want your life to play out. Happy thoughts to you for the new year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your reaction, I love to read it!